Bucky Box can process customer payments by Bank Deposit. This is done by uploading your banking transactions (in CSV format) from your Internet Banking.
The process is simple.
- Login to your Internet Banking and download your latest banking transactions in CSV format (sometimes known as comma separated file). This will appear as a file on your computer.
- In the Payments screen click Import more transactions and upload this file. (If you have more than one bank setup, you can select the matching bank with the down arrow on the blue button).
- Bucky Box will intelligently match payments to your customers. You will be asked to confirm the matches before assigning them to customer accounts. They are colour coded as follows:
- Yellow means a possible match
- Green means a probable match
- Red means a collision with a previously imported transaction
The matching algorithm learns, so on the first pass you may notice more yellow “possible” matches than usual, but over time they will turn green as Bucky Box has some historic data to learn from.
If you inadvertently match a payment to the wrong customer account, fixing it is easy. Simply click on the transaction row, it will expand, and re-assign the transaction to the correct customer. Appropriate reversing transactions will be applied to each customer account to fix the problem.
Bucky Box automatically configures to accept your bank’s format during the sign up process. In the case we do not have your bank on our system, and you do not see the Import more transaction bar, please send a sample export of your bank transactions in CSV format to email@example.com, citing the bank name and we’ll get it loaded for you.
Keywords: banking, payment, customer account, reconciliation